POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN) – Clinical Manager
SPECIALTY UNIT: Hospice
LOCATION: Missoula, MT
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Hospice Clinical Manager has general management responsibility for services provided by the Hospice program, with direct supervisory responsibility for the program’s Clinical staff and Team Assistant(s). The focus of this position is to provide support to field staff, support staff, referral sources and other managers/departments to ensure excellent service delivery.
- Monitors individual staff performance and completes formal performance evaluation of all members of the clinical team.
- Identifies gaps in performance, coaches for improvement, and initiates performance correction plans and disciplinary action, as needed.
- Using program data, conducts utilization and productivity analyses and provides regular reporting to the Director of Hospice to ensure efficient use of agency resources.
- Promotes safe patient care practices. Reviews patient care incident reports and initiates appropriate corrective action within 24 hours of the incident.
- Facilitates patient and employee scheduling/assignment in collaboration with Team Assistant(s) to ensure timely initiation of care. Serves as a liaison to the Intake and Billing Departments. Troubleshoots problematic patient onboarding and claims processing issues.
- Coordinates with other management staff to organize and conduct regular staff meetings, maintaining minutes, and follow-up to those not in attendance.
- In coordination with the Hospice Director, reviews adherence to financial budgets, identifies negative variances, and problem-solves for root cause.
- Maintains a consistent focus on Key Performance Behaviors (KPB) to drive favorable clinical and financial outcomes. Enforces accountability in clinical performance and using direct observation and coaching in the field, when needed, in providing education and tools to improve performance.
- Coordinates with agency’s supply vendors to ensure patient care needs are met in a timely manner. Reviews supply utilization and provides reporting to the Hospice Director.
- In coordination with the Hospice Director participates in interviewing and hiring of Hospice staff. Monitors staffing ratios ensuring adequate and appropriate staffing for services. Allocates resources appropriately to ensure efficient service delivery during all hours of operation. Ensures monthly posting of staff schedule according to agency protocols and collective bargaining agreement.
- Responds to customer complaints within 24 hours of receipt.
- Assists clinical staff in problem solving related to routine service delivery, crisis, or other critical situations.
- Promotes safe work practices and work environments to protect the safety and wellbeing of employees. Coordinates with Human Resources in the event of worker injury.
- Reviews for approval employee bi-weekly timesheets and approves leave requests.
- May participate in community and industry events to represent the Hospice program.
- In the absence of the Hospice Director, oversees all hospice operations and oversees all patient care service delivery.
- Participates in the Clinical Manager on-call rotation.
A dedicated RN with several years of experience in patient-facing position(s) working with Hospice patients. This candidate will have supervisory experience and will have proven leadership skills.
- Health, dental, vision, 401k retirement plan with company match, disability insurance, and more
- Paid Time Off - very generous time-off available
- Six paid holidays and two float holidays (in addition to PTO)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Annual training budget for personal development
- Registered Nurse, BSN preferred.
- Two years of experience in Hospice care
- Current Montana RN license
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Strong communication skills
- General proficiency with online platforms and Microsoft Office software