Surgery Center AdministratorPOSITION TYPE: AdministratorSPECIALTY UNIT: Surgery Center LOCATION: Katy, TXSHIFT: Mon-FriJOB TYPE: Full-Time
Registered Nurse (RN) – Observation
Registered Nurse (RN) – Observation
Observation Unit – Registered Nurse (RN)
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Observation Unit
LOCATION: Austin, TX
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
We currently seeking experienced Registered Nurses – RN for our observation unit. This unit is needed when the Emergency Department treatment has not successfully improved the patient’s condition for discharge and transfer to the observation unit is necessary for ongoing treatment and stabilization requiring reassessment for discharge or hospital admission.
The registered nurses on the unit will be responsible for carrying out the nursing process: including assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, evaluation, documentation and time management. A nurse on Observation is responsible for the care of general patients that do not meet inpatient admission criteria, these patients must be 18 years or older, clinically and psychologically stable, and Obstetric patients that are less than 20 weeks pregnant.
- Provides direct patient care, evaluates outcomes, consults with other specialists as required and adjusts nursing care processes as indicated to ensure safe patient care.
- Writes or obtains initial nursing histories, assesses patients' conditions and develops individual care plans; maintains patient documentation.
- Receives and reviews preceding shift reports and floor nurse reports; makes complete rounds of all units, and notes patients' condition.
- Notifies appropriate physician regarding any unusual or unexpected events or problems requiring direct physician consultation.
- Works with other members of the interdisciplinary patient care team, implements and reinforces patient instructional needs with patient and family offering informational material and pointing out special areas of concern.
- Evaluates outcomes of patient care, consults with other specialists as needed and adjusts nursing care processes as necessary to ensure optimal patient care.
- Provides appropriate, direct patient care utilizing appropriate aseptic techniques.
- May manage IV lines, ensure that sterile techniques are adhered to, and oversee patient movement and positioning to ensure that the patient is handled in a medically safe manner.
- May perform the administration of pharmacological vasodilator medications for the purpose of nuclear myocardial perfusion imaging; complies with examination competency as defined in the Imaging Services Practice Standards.
- Complies with policies, procedures, regulations, and standards and takes corrective action when violations occur.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Knowledge of direct patient care and critical care procedures and techniques, tools, and responses required to ensure optimal patient care.
- Knowledge of exam indicators, contraindications, and patient preparation.
- Skill in communicating in a clear and concise manner with staff involved in critical care, and physicians to ensure the proper care of patients.
- Skill in reading 12-lead EKG.
- Skill demonstrated in assigned disciplines such as EP, directly involved in patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to listen and accurately interpret others’ communication or instructions to take appropriate action.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)SPECIALTY UNIT: Home Health –Nurse ManagerLOCATION: Houston, TXSHIFT: DaysJOB
Nurse Practitioner / Physician Assistant – Infectious DiseasePOSITION TYPE: Advanced Practice ProfessionalSPECIALTY: ORTHOPEDICSLOCATION:
i4 Search Group is a North American leader in permanent placement healthcare recruiting