•NEW GRADS WELCOME
•••••POSITION TYPE: Allied Health Professional
SPECIALTY UNIT: RRT Respiratory Therapist
LOCATION: Tyler, TX
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
$20,000 Sign On Bonus, 2 year commitment
Under general supervision of the Respiratory Therapy Supervisor, delivers life-support, resuscitation, monitoring and various medical gases therapy to patients. Assists patients of all ages with acute and chronic illness in returning to a productive lifestyle through the education and the application of various therapeutic modalities. May perform diagnostic testing and monitoring through the application / use of spirometry both at bedside and in conjunction with physician orders for pulmonary function studies.
Performs invasive and non-invasive diagnostic procedures to Intensive Care and General Practice Units patients. Communicates effectively with patients, co-workers, physicians and other system employees as needed, regarding patient care needs. Adequately documents all aspects of patient care.
- Performs patient assessment, care-planning and collaboration with other health care providers. Patient care provides 100% of work hours.
- Delegates aspects of patient care appropriately to support staff (Respiratory Therapists, Respiratory orients, externs and students, as assigned), providing necessary communication and guidance to those support providers.
- Communicates with co-workers, and other professionals, including physicians and nurses as needed to ensure optimal patient care. Attends and actively contributes to daily bedside rounds.
- Maintains high standards of clinical excellence, according to Departmental policies.
- Demonstrates proficiency in various Departmental subspecialties, clinical areas, life support, diagnostic and monitoring equipment, as assigned. Displays competency in various special procedures and protocols and works in multiple IPD locations as assigned.
- Performs various therapeutic modalities prescribed by physician order or as established by approved protocol. Determines the best modes of therapy and ensures maximum benefit and patient safety. Administers various medications via aerosol and endotracheal instillation. Utilizes appropriate equipment.
- Administers and monitors medical gases as prescribed by physician order and as established by approved protocol. Utilizes appropriate medical gas delivery devices.
- Assesses pulmonary status of patients. Communicates clinical findings to physicians and makes recommendations for appropriate therapy. Explains rationale of procedures and equipment to patients. Participates in thorough patient report process identifying patient care needs as necessary.
- Participates in cardiopulmonary resuscitation by providing basic life support. Assesses patient response to clinical interventions and communicates findings appropriately.
- Performs arterial and capillary blood sample collection and analysis. Verifies and interprets results and clinically intervenes as necessary. Documents and communicates findings to physician when appropriate.
- Performs specific duties as determined by site assignments, which may include equipment cleaning, maintenance, repair and testing.
• Competitive salary
• Direct Deposit
• Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
• Employee discount program
• Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapist program.
- Bachelors in Respiratory Therapy preferred, Associate of Science Degree, minimum
- Recent graduate of a Respiratory Therapy school or two years of recent Respiratory Therapist experience in a Tertiary Hospital.
- Current Respiratory Therapist License from the State of practice.
- Successful completion of the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC registration examination requirements).
- BLS card from AHA required.