Registered Nurse (RN) – Director of Case Management
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Director of Case Management
LOCATION: Houston, Texas
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Job Description and Responsibilities:
We are in search of a great Director of Case Management to run an office with a great team. This role requires a candidate to have at least 3-5 years of progressive leadership.
- Responsible and accountable for the management of staff and services related to Case Management.
- Accountable for the effective and efficient management of continuum of care services.
- Provides education and leadership in directing a comprehensive Clinical Case Management program that coordinates efforts toward a seamless Continuum of Care.
- Assists leadership to ensure the stability and reputation of the hospital by ensuring compliance with all legal, licensure, and accreditation requirements.
- Acts as a liaison to the Central Business Office to ensure that all Accounts and Revenue activity is being handled timely and appropriately.
- Maintains 24-hour accountability.
- Embrace and consistently demonstrate our hospital initiatives, encompassing both patients and employees.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of Case Management in the Acute Care setting.
- Comprehension of the importance of clinical care progression, patient education and resource management required.
- Knowledge of Utilization Review, IS/SI criteria, reimbursement issues, and HCFA guidelines.
- Ability to recognize the needs and concerns of people and to maintain constructive relationships in dealing with them.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Participates in counseling and guidance of personnel.
- Acts as a mediator between patient concerns and administration.
- Ability to assume a leadership role with the Case Management Team to coordinate the delivery of services for patients and their families.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license in state of practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) required, MSN preferred. Accredited Case Manager ( ACM) preferred.
- Current BLS/ACLS/PALS issued by the American Heart Association required.
- At least two years of RECENT ( within the last year) ACUTE Hospital Case management leadership experience.
- Minimum of 5 years acute hospital Case Management experience required.
- Previous management experience REQUIRED.