Education: Doctoral degree in clinical psychology, clinical neuropsychology or counseling psychology (Because of the training required by this degree, understanding of normal development and aging is implied); Completion of Postdoctoral fellowship training in clinical neuropsychology, if not from a clinical neuropsychology graduate program
Licenses/Certifications: Current license to practice psychology from the Texas Board of Examiners of Psychology or eligibility for such licensure; Must be licensed within six (6) months of employment
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- One (1) year prior experience as a member of a multidisciplinary team in either rehabilitation or psychiatric setting; Preference will be given to candidates with prior brain injury rehabilitation experience
- Must be able to work weekends, evenings and holidays as needed
- Possess basic knowledge of software packages; experience with window based programs preferred
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of “we advance health” through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Provides neuropsychological assessment and psychological treatment (individual, group and family) in accordance with Ethical Principles of Psychologists and the Guidelines for the Practice of Clinical Psychology.
- Coordinates all aspects of neuropsychological testing: Schedules patients to be tested in a timely manner, Monitors productivity of technician, fellow and students, Provides feedback to patients, family, clinical team and referral sources in a timely manner.
- Interacts effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team.
- Trains and supervises psychology residents, practicum students and fellows.
- Consistently performs role as primary therapist as assigned by the Manager in accordance with ethical principles that govern the practice of psychology. This includes interacting effectively on clients’ behalf with external case managers, DARS, insurance company representatives, employers, schools and other health care provides.
- Completes special projects such as participation in presentations, research and others as assigned by the Manager.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.