Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse – ICU RNPOSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)SPECIALTY UNIT:
IMC RN – Day/Night Shift
IMC RN – Day/Night Shift
Intermediate Care Unit Registered Nurse - IMC RN
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Intermediate Care Unit - IMC
LOCATION: Marshall, TX
SHIFT: Day/Night Shift
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
We are currently in need of a passionate and responsible Intermediate Care Unit RN who will be responsible for managing the care of patients experiencing severe, but usually, non-life-threatening problems. They will require a moderately complex assessment, moderately intensive therapies and interventions, and moderate levels of nursing vigilance.
As an intermediate care unit nurse, you will provide care to inpatients requiring continuous cardiac telemetry monitoring. The unit serves patients with a wide variety of cardiac, neurological, and medical diagnoses that require close monitoring. Diagnoses may include chest pain, coronary artery disease, angina, myocardial ischemia or infarction, arrhythmia, syncope, congestive heart failure, drug or substance overdose, seizures, and sepsis.
Our CICU is committed to the highest standards of quality and excellence. In line with this, you are expected as an intermediate care unit RN to work with our team of healthcare professionals to create an atmosphere of healing with open and honest communication.
- Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of the healthcare organization. Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Monitor and document the patient's condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and/or interventions.
- Evaluate, update, and revise the plan of care to facilitate the achievement of planned and expected outcomes.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with the approved nursing protocol.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate the patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Assess the educational needs of the patient and significant others considering cultural issues and other special concerns.
- Provide teaching and educational material as appropriate.
- Validate and document patient and family understanding of teaching.
- Maintain professional growth and development through ongoing formal and informal education and clinical nursing study.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Minimum of 1 year of recent experience as an RN in a clinical setting.
- Active RN license within the State of practice.
- Current certifications (variable depending on the facility).
- Evidence of BLS credential.
- The RN must have resuscitation credentials, including but not limited to ACLS.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Proficient in English.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others.
- Proficient computer skills required.