Director of Oncology Services - Registered Nurse (RN)
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN) – Director
SPECIALTY UNIT: Oncology Services
LOCATION: Portsmouth, NH
SHIFT: Day Shift
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Director, Oncology Services, under administrative and medical direction, is responsible for coordination, supervision, administration, and implementation of Cancer services, which includes Medical and Radiation Oncology, Infusion services, and Support Services.
- He/she implements educational and information programs and ensures direct patient care is delivered in a safe, high-quality manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the developmental stage and biopsychosocial framework of patients served in the hospital departments.
- The individual must acquire and/or demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and in the presence of life limiting, life altering diagnoses.
- Maintains a current knowledge of State, Federal and financial regulations, and ensures that policies, procedures and performance are in documented compliance with TJC and Commission on Cancer standards as well as all other applicable Federal and State standards regarding Outpatient Oncology operations.
- Acts as a lead during on-site survey visits.
- Ensures effective evaluation of patient's perception of care in Oncology in order to promote a high degree of patient and family satisfaction.
- Promotes the assessment of the patient's health needs and plans for holistic patient care in conjunction with physician, interdisciplinary team members, patient/family and other disciplines as indicated.
- Reviews, supervises and evaluates the adequacy of patient care provided by all staff members.
- Facilitates or promotes the effective evaluation of the multiple clinics included in environment of care and appropriate preparedness strategies, to ensure ability to meet patient needs through times of environmental change/emergency.
- Supervises the maintenance of accurate and complete patient records and the documentation of services.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Active RN license within the State of practice.
- BSN required – Master’s degree preferred.
- Current Oncology certification preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of clinical and management experience required.
- Knowledge and skills in Medical and Radiation Oncology required.