Registered Nurse (RN) – Transfer Center
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Transfer Center
LOCATION: Tyler, TX
SHIFT: Day/Night Shifts
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Transfer Center Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for evaluating, coordinating, processing, screening, and documentation of patient transfers into the hospital system.
The Transfer Center RN will collaborate with relevant business partners for appropriate level of care and transport of patients into the hospital system.
- You will be responsible for obtaining appropriate medical and demographic information and coordinating communication between the referring and receiving physician as well as between healthcare facilities.
- You will efficiently engage appropriate departments in the transfer process.
- You will utilize problem solving and customer service skills to determine the best course of action for the patient, the physician, and the hospital by working closely with facility House Supervisors, referring physicians, ED and inpatient staff to ensure the effective and efficient transfer of every patient.
- This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of our hospital. It is expected that the associate demonstrate behavior consistent with the Core Values.
- The associate shall support the hospital strategic plan and the goals and direction of their Performance Improvement Plan.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Active RN license within the State of practice.
- Associates Degree in nursing (ADN) required - Bachelor’s Degree in nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Current ACLS Certification.
- Exceptional customer service skills required to effectively manage call center / transfer center calls and meet customer service expectations.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve and multi-task in a potentially high stress environment is required.
- Proficient to expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, HCIS (preferably Meditech) and web-based computer applications.
- Three to five years clinical nursing experience required, preferably in a critical care or emergency department setting.
- Demonstrated experience and success in a role or environment highly focused on exception customer service is highly desired.