Registered Nurse (RN) – Bone Marrow Transplant – BMT
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Bone Marrow Transplant Unit – BMT
LOCATION: Denver , Colorado
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
$15,000 Sign-On Bonus
We are in search of a passionate caring Bone Marrow Transplant Registered Nurse to oversee and direct the care of the BMT/Oncology patients.
The BMT RN is responsible for the care of blood and marrow transplant patients, patients with hematologic/oncologic disorders, patients with multisystem organ failure, and other patients meeting BMT admissions criteria.
We are a team of hard-working, dedicated healthcare providers with a passion for saving lives.
- Serves as primary nurse leading the collaboration of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Oversees and directs the care of assistive personnel, maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned patients.
- Deliver phenomenal care for adult hematologic-oncology, autologous and allogeneic blood and marrow transplantation patients, and patients receiving CAR T-cell therapy. In this role, you will be asked to provide the following services:
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management, including investigational protocols.
- Transfusion of blood, platelets, and fresh frozen plasma.
- Management of patients with radiation implants, central venous access devices and spinal drains.
- Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration.
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis.
- Epidural and intrathecal analgesia.
- Management of toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation therapy and neutropenia/ thrombocytopenia/ anemia.
- Antibiotic/Medication therapies.
- Autologous and Allogeneic Blood and Marrow Transplant.
- Bone marrow harvest recovery.
- Pain Management and telemetry monitoring.
- When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Active RN license within the State of practice.
- Graduate of an accredited program for Registered Nursing - BSN preferred.
- EKG interpretation competency or course within the first year of hire.
- BLS certification required.
- ACLS certification required within the first 9 months of date of hire.
- ONS/ONCC Chemotherapy Immunotherapy Certification required within the first 9 month of date of hire.
- One year experience in acute care preferred.
- Ability to manage a team and work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, and other health care team members.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Desire to provide compassionate, holistic care.