POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Critical Care Float Pool
LOCATION: Asheville, NC
SHIFT: Nights - Rotating Weekends
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Up To $30,000. Sing on Bonus - with a 2 year commitment.
The Critical Care Float Pool RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care
- Orients and mentors new staff members
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- BSN required - Masters in nursing preferred.
- Active RN license within the State of practice.
- 2 years of current acute care hospital critical care experience.
- Current Certifications Required: BCLS/ACLS upon hire – NIHSS within 90 days Preferred: CCRN.
- Passing score on Critical Care Test/ Rhythm interpretation examination.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds and exposure to patient elements and handling of emergencies and critical patient incidents.
- Ability to multitask with limited direction.
- Advanced knowledge of critical care departments within the facility. Float Pool RN will float to all areas of the ICU, Trauma, CVICU, Burn Unit, Neuro Surgical ICU and MICU.