Allied Health - Lab Manager
POSITION TYPE: Allied Health
SPECIALTY UNIT: Lab Manager
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Core Lab Manager leads all aspects of the operational strategy and execution for Testing teams This position is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, directing and overseeing testing operations in order to achieve corporate objectives. Additionally, this role will serve as support to existing staff in processing specimens and rendering evaluations of specimens in accordance with departmental testing procedures and policies. This role is highly visible, communicating regularly with senior leadership. Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across multiple stakeholder groups and cross-functional teams is essential
- Monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of services, delivery methods, workflows and procedures as needed
- Assesses and monitors the workload of Departmental employees and implements scheduling modifications as needed
- Develops and executes a roadmap for building operations that are highly efficient, high quality and compliant.
- Establishes annual goals and measures of performance for operational functions, including key financial metrics
- Serves as an escalation point for staff and clients as needed.
- Works collaboratively with peers to develop staffing models and complete succession planning.
- Ensures staff is performing at acceptable levels and addresses issues of low performance when required
- Engages, coaches, mentors team members based on talents and professional aspirations.
- May be required to perform key responsibilities of departmental employees as business needs demand
- TECHNIAL EXPERTISE – The incumbent demonstrates the technical capability and knowledge required for this role.
- INTERPERSONAL SKILLS – Demonstrates the ability to understand relationship-orientated aspects of social effectiveness and to operate successfully in a variety of social exchanges.
- PRUDENCE – This position must demonstrate a willingness to see the perspective of others and an inherent respect for divergent options.
- DECISION MAKING – This role will be required to display the ability to make good decisions and/or lead a sound decision-making process.
- INFLUENCING SKILLS – This Leader will have the ability to successfully inspire peers, subordinates and managers in such a way that they believe in and are drawn to our core values.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Meet CLIA requirements (CFR. 493. 1483)
- Bachelor’s degree in a Biological, Chemical or Clinical Laboratory Science
- Must be ASCP certified
- Must be analyzed for color perception
- Minimum of five years’ experience in related moderate complexity is required
- Minimum of two years leadership experience is required
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment