Director of PharmacyPOSITION TYPE: Administrative – DirectorSPECIALTY UNIT: PharmacyLOCATION: Templeton, CASHIFT: DayJOB TYPE: Full-Time PermanentJob
**Dialysis Nurse Manager – Albany NY
**Dialysis Nurse Manager – Albany NY
Dialysis Nurse Manager - Albany, NY
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dialysis Center Manager
LOCATION: Albany, NY
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Center Manager (Registered Nurse) is responsible for the day to day operations of the dialysis center. This includes, but not is not limited to patient, center, personnel, and financial management. The Center Manager (CM) possesses a strong understanding of the quality performance assessment and improvement program. This role assesses and proactively addresses potential patient and/or staff safety issues. The CM is considered an experienced expert in the field who acts as a liaison to physicians. This position communicates with patients, physicians, direct reports and other co-workers. The CM is a team leader who educates and mentors staff members as appropriate. This position also provides nursing support services to the center for unscheduled absences or for patient care, as needed.
- Patient Care Supervision. Understands basic renal function and the consequences of renal failure. Observes and records patient’s responses to renal failure and its treatment. Directs and supervises the care of the patients on dialysis. Performs thorough patient assessments as evidenced by documentation.
- Critical Results/Situations. Uses professional discretion in critical or emergency situations and directs the necessary intervention. Recognizes changes in patient’s condition on dialysis and makes necessary adjustments in their therapy. Notifies the physician, providing the appropriate information, and implements physician’s orders.
- Patient Schedule. Provides oversight of the patient schedule and makes staff assignments based on priorities for patient care and skill level of the staff, maintains on-call schedule for home programs with 24/7 call support. Consistently reviews and evaluates patient priorities as changes occur in the condition of the patient or center. Directs staff in work assignments to address these changes.
- Patient Admissions and Discharges. Verifies the accuracy and safety of all orders, implements them and/or delegates to appropriate staff. Ensures discharge management is accurate and complete.
- Access Management. Leads the Vascular Access Leader (VAL) team and ensures consistent, timely monitoring and verifies appropriate action of identified problems. Collects Infiltration Reports, ensures infiltration instructions are delivered, and notifies physician as appropriate.
- Anemia Management. Provides routine oversight and assures appropriate action of critical lab values. Assumes responsibility in the absence of the Anemia Manager.
- Adequacy Management. Sets the admission dialysis prescription per physician approved Adequacy Protocol for new admissions. Assembles the monthly adequacy team including, but not limited to, the Dietitian and Clinical Manager to discuss what aspects of the treatment can be modified to correct deficiencies in the delivery of dialysis.
- Patient Rounding. Implements routine rounding of patients to proactively identify needs and concerns of in-center patients. For home programs, patient needs and concerns will be evaluated at point of service. Ensures the confidentiality of patient and employee information.
- Patient Care Conferences. Responsible for monthly management of interdisciplinary team care conferences.
- Medical Record Management. Assumes responsibility for the overall supervision and management of the medical records as outlined in the Operational Policy and Procedures manual. Responsible for accuracy, completeness and timeliness of all data entry including Crown Web data.
- Quality Assessment Performance Improvement. A required member of the QAPI team who monitors aggregate clinical outcome data to identify trends, analyze root causes and implement interventions to correct real and/or potential problems in the center. Responsible for oversight of QAPI projects related to identified problems.
- Infection Control and Vaccinations. Ensures employee compliance with all infection control policies and procedures to prevent and control infections. Maintains neat and clean environment. Ensures all infections are correctly documented (including NHSN reporting as required) and appropriate care is rendered per protocol or physician order. Provides oversight of patient vaccinations including Hepatitis B, Seasonal Flu, and Pneumonia. Provides data as required by the Renal Network Environmental/Vaccination Scans.
- Incident Reports. Responsible for the review and analysis of internal incident reports and reports significant incidents promptly to the Territory Director. Aggregates data to identify trends in accordance with the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) program.
- Renal Network Compliance. Follows guidelines and goals in accordance with the legislative mandate for the ESRD Network Program.
- Governing Body Meetings. The Clinical Manager is a member of the local governing body and is responsible for the direct supervision of all aspects of the center operations and serves as the designated Administrator for the center. Meetings shall be held according to the Governing Body and Center Governance Policy.
- Staffing. Promotes a teamwork approach by offering information, advice, and assistance to all unit staff members in a positive, courteous, and cooperative manner. Assists in staff scheduling and interprets staffing policies. Arranges coverage for unscheduled absences.
- Staff Meetings. Responsible for conducting monthly staff meeting to address any areas of concern and to ensure proper communication between all staff members.
- Focal Reviews. Participates in evaluations. Supervises, evaluates, and determines clinical competency in conjunction with the Territory Director.
- Policy and Procedure. Provides oversight of policies and procedures and acts on non-compliance including notifying the Territory Director. Ensures staff documents thoroughly and correctly. Effectively communicates new policy and procedure updates.
- Supplies. Ensures proper use of supplies to minimize waste. Oversees adequate supply stock and communicates needs to Technical Services.
- Budget. Monitors operating and capital budget to ensure containment of controllable costs.
- Facility Management for Home Centers
- Facility maintained in good repair
- Equipment maintained and safe
- Responsible for communicating request/needs to Technical Services
- Responsible for driving the culture through values and customer service standards
- Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication
- Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
Minimum Education & Experience:
- One (1) year of experience as a clinical RN
- Six (6) months dialysis required, one (1) year dialysis exp. preferred
- Current state SC RN licensure
- BSN preferred
- CNN/CDN Certification preferred
- Management or Supervisor experience preferred
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read, write, speak, understand and satisfactorily communicate in English
- Maintains professional competence via continuing education
- Current CPR certification
- Proficient computer skills- e.g. Outlook, Word
- Effectively demonstrates CM leadership competencies
- Critical thinker
- Effective delegator
- Effective quality manager/accountable for outcomes
- Integrates clinical knowledge and leadership skills into practical action
- Facilitates collaborative relationships, customer–focused
- Effective in staff and patient education
- Effective coach and mentor
- Able to effectively use quality process to meet clinical goals
- Strong knowledge of state and federal ESRD regulations
- Ability to partner with Medical Directors
- Demonstrates fiscal accountability, quality management and strategic planning skills
- Demonstrates ability to take a broad view of issues considering both short and long term perspective
Director of PharmacyPOSITION TYPE: Administrative – DirectorSPECIALTY UNIT: PharmacyLOCATION: San Antonio, TexasSHIFT: DayJOB TYPE: Full-Time
POSITION TYPE: Allied HealthSPECIALTY UNIT: Medical Technologist (MT)/Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT)LOCATION: Orlando, FLSHIFT: