POSITION TYPE: Healthcare Professional
SPECIALTY UNIT: Staff Pharmacist - Hospital
LOCATION: Paris, Texas
SHIFT: Day and every 3rd Weekend
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
- Promotes the safe and effective use of medication for all patients of the hospital through proper interpretation of physician orders, accurate dispensing of pharmaceuticals, and monitoring of therapy.
- Provides accurate, adequate, and timely drug information to other health care providers.
- Maintains and reviews patient profiles and makes recommendations to prescribes to ensure appropriateness of therapy, avoid drug interactions and adverse reaction.
- Provides for appropriate inventories of approved medication for routine, emergency, and floor stock situation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, advanced mathematical skills required.
- Keyboarding skills are preferred (must be able to develop competence using hospital pharmacy software).
- Word processing skills are preferred.
- Must have the ability to work with medical staff, nursing staff and other healthcare employees.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy is required.
- Board of Pharmacy License in state of practice is required. Continuous education to maintain licensure and certification(s), if any, is required.
- One year of experience as a licensed pharmacist preferred.
- Education in all age groups ranging from newborn to the geriatric population obtained either in school education or subsequent training.
- Ability to work at a rapid pace throughout entire shift, while under demanding workloads and stressful situations.
- Hearing sufficient to use telephones and pagers and vision sufficient to read physician orders, requisitions, and reports.
- Hand to eye coordination sufficient for aseptic technique.