Clinical Laboratory Scientist
POSITION TYPE: Allied Health
SPECIALTY UNIT: Clinical Laboratory Scientist
LOCATION: White Plains, NY
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs laboratory testing using both manual and automated techniques. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Laboratory testing personnel responsibilities include:
- Following the laboratory’s pre-analytic and analytic procedures and maintaining records of these tests
- Maintaining records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens
- Adhering to the laboratory’s quality assurance procedures, including documenting all:
- Quality control activities including quality control testing and calibrations
- Instrument and equipment verifications
- Maintenance and preventative maintenance
- Following the laboratory’s policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Identifying and documenting problems that may adversely affect test performance and notifying the supervisor, assistant director or director and documenting all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
- Ensures the accuracy and quality of all results from pre-analytic, analytic, and post-analytic phases of testing.
- Notifies and documents clinicians and patient units of all critical values and maintains the laboratory STAT turn around time requirements.
- Participates in regulatory readiness for CAP, AABB, NYSDOH, and Joint Commission.
- Maintains 12 Continuing Education credits per year.
- Understands and participates in standard operating procedures, proficiency testing, inspection audits, quality program including reporting non-conformances.
- Evaluates test results for abnormalities and confirms those results per department protocols where required.
- Participates in validations, training, and competency assessments as required.
- Responsible for inventory management of lot numbers, expiration dates, labeling, and QC requirement.
- Completes all annual mandatory training, in-services, and ongoing education as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Section testing training and competency assessments are maintained by the section laboratory supervisor for all assigned disciplines
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Current NYS License as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist required.
- Education in accordance with the NYS Office of Professions and CLIA requirements of testing personnel.
- Preferred with ASCP Certification.