Assistant Nurse Manager - Pediatric Intensive Care Unit - PICU RN - 32 hours
POSITION TYPE: Assistant Nurse Manager - Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Pediatric Intensive Care Unit - PICU
LOCATION: Roseville, CA
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent, 32 hours available
We are seeking a highly skilled and compassionate PICU Assistant Nurse Manager to join our healthcare team. As the PICU Assistant Nurse Manager, you will play a vital role in managing the day-to-day clinical operations of our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). Your responsibilities will encompass overseeing practice standards, staffing, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement initiatives. You will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of the highest quality of care while maintaining compliance with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements, as well as established departmental policies and procedures.
- Manage the daily clinical operations of the PICU, ensuring adherence to practice standards, regulatory requirements, and departmental policies and procedures. Take charge of staffing, payroll, budgets, fiscal management, and quality improvement efforts to provide exceptional care to pediatric patients and their families.
- Develop and implement action plans to enhance staff development, fostering a culture of continuous learning and professional growth. As the supervisor of a single unit, oversee the performance and development of approximately 20-60+ employees.
- Continually monitor and adjust personnel allocation and utilization based on changing patient population and needs. Strive to optimize patient care levels while identifying opportunities for cost savings.
- Provide effective supervision of daily unit operations, including human resources management, employee safety programs, and risk management. Ensure a safe and supportive work environment for the team.
- Monitor and uphold quality of service and utilization standards, taking specific responsibility for patient care at the unit level. Foster coordinated plans of treatment, customer-focused care, and cost-effective utilization of services for pediatric patients in the PICU.
- Collaborate with healthcare providers across different units to achieve optimal patient care across the continuum. Stay updated on best practices in the field and implement relevant models as appropriate. Investigate and resolve any concerns or complaints raised by patients or their families regarding patient care.
- Vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- Medical care (including prescriptions), vision, mental health, and dental care
- Disability and life insurance coverage
- Educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance programs
- Health care, dependent care, and transit spending account options
- Retirement plans
- Active RN license within the State of California.
- Minimum two (2) years of nursing experience required.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience as Charge/Lead/Preceptor desired
- Must have BS degree
- Experience in union environment preferred