Physical TherapistPOSITION TYPE: Allied Health ProfessionalSPECIALTY UNIT: Physical TherapistLOCATION: Silver Spring, Maryland SHIFT:
Cath Lab RN
Cath Lab RN
Cath Lab RN
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Cath Lab
LOCATION: Louisville, KY
SHIFT: Days / Nights
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
To succeed in this role, you must have both the skills and knowledge to provide patient and community-focused, as well as clinically effective care. Additionally, you must be flexible, competent, and can easily or willing to adapt to changes in healthcare technology and delivery.
We are currently in need of an RN-CVOR nurse to work as part of our CVOR Team. Our ideal candidate must be willing to support a positive, friendly, and professional working environment and perform tasks in a fast-paced setting. Our staff and organization as a whole play a fundamental role in promoting and enhancing the health of the people in the community we serve. This position will provide you with a unique opportunity to work with a dynamic team that strives to care for patients undergoing interventional and cardiovascular diagnostic procedures.
Our surgical services and operating room teams provide the utmost care and treatment to our open-heart or cardiovascular patients. The Cardiovascular Operating Room is a complex, stressful, and emotional environment.
As an RN-CVOR nurse, you will assist cardiovascular patients before, during, and following surgical procedures. You need to ensure that sterile procedures are followed during surgery, that necessary equipment and medications are available for the operating room team, and that the safety of the patient is assured at all times.
Furthermore, it is your duty as an RN-CVOR nurse to independently assess, plan, implement, and evaluate the nursing care of patients from admission through discharge. Additionally, you will collaborate with patients and their families and provide theory-based professional nursing care. Along with this, you will coordinate care delivery with the physician and other members of our healthcare team.
- Participate in the sedation of patients and assist physicians during the procedure by administering medications, monitoring vital signs and applying dressing
- Coordinate the entire operating room for sterility, cleanliness and availability of functioning equipment and supplies.
- Update patient charting and document the procedure.
- Assist in interventional procedures.
- Monitor for signs and symptoms of infections or side effects of the procedure.
- Monitor and document patient vital signs.
- Monitor patient sedation levels during and after the procedure.
- Be prepared for emergencies.
- Examination of the patient pre and post-catheterization.
- Circulate and scrub during cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology procedures.
- Assist in diagnostic procedures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Initiate corrective action when breaks in techniques occur.
- Ensure consent paperwork is accurately completed.
- Discharge teaching with patients and families including procedural, medications, activities, and dietary.
- Prepare patients for procedures.
- .Provide critical quality control to ensure the safety of the patient.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Minimum of 1 year of recent experience as an RN in a clinical setting.
- Active RN license within the State of practice.
- Current certifications (variable depending on the facility).
- Proven experience as a cardiovascular operating room nurse (circulating and scrub).
- In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures.
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques.
- Solid understanding of patient safety and precautions
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and observation skills.
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Patient and compassionate.
- Cerner EMR experience preferred.
As part of our recruiting process, we may contact you regarding positions we feel are a good fit or engage with you via SMS text message. By clicking to submit your application, i4 Search Group has your consent to communicate via SMS text message moving forward.