Job Id: 554323_1
Allied Health – Cytotechnologist – Cyto Tech- Hot job
POSITION TYPE: Allied Health
SPECIALTY UNIT: Cytotechnologist
LOCATION: Dallas, TX
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Cytotechnologist receives, identifies, and accesses all gynecological smears and non-gynecological specimens submitted for cytological evaluation. The technologist will work under the direct supervision of the Cytology General Supervisor processing cytologic specimens and render cytological evaluations of specimens in accordance with departmental testing procedures and policies. This role is responsible for preparing diagnostic reports.
• Perform microscopic evaluation of cytological specimens per laboratory procedures and workload policies.
• Prepare a final diagnosis on negative/normal gynecologic specimens.
• Prepare provisional diagnosis on all other cases and refers these for review.
• Enter the diagnosis into the LIS system.
• Maintain absolute integrity in the accurate performance and reporting of results and observes professional discretion with patient information.
• Complete work consistently within acceptable time limits.
• Follow all established policies of department Quality Assurance protocol.
• Maintain accurate individual workload and other appropriate records as required by the laboratory and various regulatory agencies.
• Perform and document routine maintenance on microscopes and other laboratory equipment to ensure optimal instrument operation.
• Document the slide interpretation results of each gynecologic and non- gynecologic cytological case examined or reviewed
• Document the total number of slides examined in the laboratory for each 24-hour period as well as the number of slides examined in any other laboratory.
• Document the number of hours spent examining slides in each 24-hour period.
• Adheres to personnel policies including, but not limited to: schedules and attendance, performance evaluations, up to date safety training and continuing education required for competency as well as certification maintenance.
• Participates in regulatory agency inspection readiness and onsite inspections
• Timely ordering of inventory and maintain working supplies, for work area.
• Prepares solutions and reagents in accordance with standard procedures.
• Adheres to internal controls established for department.
• Adheres to all safety protocols in each laboratory area. Observe strict safety precautions when handling biological specimens and chemicals.
• Performs related duties as require and at the discretion of the manager or director.
• Participates in the quality assurance and continuous process improvement program including quality monitors, incident reports, corrective actions, and documentation.
• Communicates effectively and timely as needed to co-workers, management, medical directors, and other divisions.
• Specific job requirement or physical location of some positions allocated to the classification, may render this position security sensitive, and thereby require personnel to adhere to HIPAA guidelines and patient safety measures as defined by regulatory standards.
• INTERPERSONAL SKILLS – Demonstrates the ability to understand relationship-orientated aspects of social effectiveness and to operate successfully in a variety of social exchanges
• EXPERTISE / COMPETENCE – Understands and exhibits exemplary knowledge of their industry / role
• RESULTS ORIENTATION – Prioritizes results and focuses resources and effort to achieve them
• PROBLEM SOLVING – Focuses on the ability to accurately assess a situation and arrive at a positive solution
• Health Benefits
• Career Advancement Opportunities
• Paid Family Leave
• Medical Plan Options, Dental & Vision
• And much more!
Education / Certifications & Experience / Abilities:
• Meet CLIA requirements (CFR. 493. 1483)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Graduate from an accredited School of Cytotechnology AND Certified in Cytotechnology by an HHS approved agency (ASCP)
• Must be analyzed for color perception.#alh #zr
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?