Job Id: 557378_1
Infection Preventionist Registered Nurse (RN)
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Infection Preventionist
LOCATION: Stamford, CT
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Infection Preventionist will act as a mentor and role model for establishing and promoting effective infection prevention protocols within all levels of the organization and provide education in a variety of settings, i.e. public forums, on-the-spot in-services, educational sessions, etc. and opportunities for participating in national, state and local committees, as well as a Career Advancement program.
The Infection Preventionist is responsible for formulating and reviewing policies and procedures related to infection prevention and control practices. This position is also responsible for collecting and analyzing data as well as conducting outbreak and cluster investigations. The individual will serve as a member of the Infection Prevention and Control Committee and will collaborate with Infectious Disease physicians, Microbiologists and other health care providers regarding infectious or employee health related issues.
• Competitive salary
• Direct Deposit
• Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
• Employee discount program
• Excellent room for growth and advancement
• Current CT RN license required or Med Tech with a CIC
• 3 years’ experience in an acute care hospital required
• Previous experience in Infection Prevention and Control required
• Knowledge of Joint Commission requirements, OSHA, Department of Public Health, CDC and APIC guidelines required
• Previous experience working with Infection Prevention software i.e. Vecna/Pathfinders or the like
• Excellent computer skills required and Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Effective communication skills a must
• Certification in Infection Prevention and Control (CIC), or required to obtain within 5 years
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility. Must be willing to perform Standard Precautions as necessary.
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of Acute Care experience in an Acute Care hospital setting or three (3) years in Infection Control/Employee Health.
- Familiarity with organization and functions of all departments; familiar with policies and procedures, and regulations relating to Infection Control. Must have working knowledge of Microbiology, Epidemiology, infectious diseases, aseptic techniques and current practices. Member of the Association of Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology, (APIC) or is qualified to sit for the CIC exam in Infection Control preferred.
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?