Job Id: 559120_1
Patient Safety Registered Nurse (RN) – Risk Management
Patient Safety RN – Risk Management
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse
SPECIALTY UNIT: Patient Safety
LOCATION: Porterville, CA
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Under the supervision of the Risk/Patient Safety Manager, the Patient Safety RN is responsible for duties related to patient safety analysis and systems review. This includes, but is not limited to, performing root cause analysis, management of the event reporting system, and systems review. Supports high quality, safe care by evaluating systems and processes within the organization.
This person is responsible for communicating, maintaining and processing defined or designated confidential Patient Safety information, including assisting with Hospital-wide and Medical Staff Peer Review activities. Duties also include data collection via chart review, analysis, recommendation, implementation, trouble-shooting and support for any given department and facility need. Will assist the Manager with educational opportunities.
Must be professional and cooperative with patients, visitors, employees and members of the medical staff, in support of the hospital’s customer service goals.
· Maintain Environment of Care and Life Safety compliance:
· Identify clinical patient safety risks based on regulatory interpretation, clinic audits, proactive risk assessment, and other methods, and address risks to minimize patient harm
· Work collaboratively with operations leaders to provide clinical safety education, workflow analysis, and process improvement to eliminate preventable harm. Codify process improvements through collaborative work on policy creation.
· Oversight of safety committee scheduling, agenda determination and maintaining documentation of minutes, safety findings, and improvements.
· Develops and implements education programs and materials to train staff to detect, mitigate, and avoid preventable clinical harm.
· Provides technical guidance to core leaders and other appropriate parties regarding clinical patient safety process.
· Provide policy and procedure interpretation and education as it applies to clinical patient safety.
· Conduct research and applicable regulations/standards concerning patient safety and integrate findings into policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Must have current and active California RN License
- Must have BSN Degree or obtain within 18 months of hire date
- Two (2) years clinical experience in acute care facility as a Registered Nurse is required.
- Prior experience in Patient Safety principals and related activities is required.
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?