Job Id: 4752_1
Quality Control Supervisor – Dental Lab
POSITION TYPE: Dental – Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Quality Control Supervisor
LOCATION: Huntsville, AL
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
Full -service dental lab, Veteran owned since 1970, which manufactures dental prosthesis, such as crowns, bridges, implants, dentures, partials, and orthodontic appliances such as retainers, splints, night guards, sports guards, etc. This entry level position provides a great opportunity and introduction into the field of dental prosthesis. The ideal candidate will display good hand and eye coordination along with artistic expression.
Quality Control Supervisor
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for all the employees, equipment, technology, quality, and turnaround for the Quality Control department
- Direct supervision of employees in above stated areas, including but not limited to: yearly and periodic evaluations, hours and overtime, production quotas, individual quality, training/education, accountability, etc.
- Workflow and pan color of the above stated areas, expected to organize the departments to remain on time and organized, managing people vs. hours
- Communication between departments as needed to provide teamwork and correct problems
- Manage dept. supply usage and eliminate wasted supplies
- Document employee issues and counseling sessions with HR/1st shift Supervisor
- Prioritize workload and delegate tasks to other employees.
- Check incoming remakes/adjustments (bites, metal thickness, broken dies, etc.) and keep written records in a log book
- Spot check outgoing work for quality issues
- Spot check cases in production for quality and work with department managers to address issues
- Audit techniques and procedures when necessary
- Inspect all incoming remakes to determine the cause of the remake
- Stay up to date on all Oral Arts products, materials, and processes.
- Help to reduce the remakes to 5% as a company.
- 5 years experience in Crown & Bridge
- 2 years of experience in a Supervisor role
- Excellent organizational skills
- Efficient and effective time management
- Extensive knowledge in OSHA safety standards
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?