Job Id: 564877_1
Allied Health – Cytology Supervisor
POSITION TYPE: Allied Health
SPECIALITY: Supervisor II (Testing) – Cytology
LOCATION: Farmers Branch, TX
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Supervisor II leads all aspects of the operational strategy and execution for the Cytology team. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, directing, and overseeing the company’s Cytology operations. Additionally, this role will serve as support to existing staff in processing cytologic specimens and rendering cytological evaluations of specimens in accordance with departmental testing procedures and policies.
· Continuously monitors and evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of Cytology processes and procedures.
· Assesses and monitors workload of Cytology staff and implements scheduling modifications as needed.
· Oversees day-to-day operations within span of control resolving problems as necessary and ensuring operations are efficient, compliant, safe and of the highest possible quality.
· Optimizes staffing structures and workflows within span of control to continually improve quality and efficiency.
· Establishes annual goals and measures of performance for operational functions, including key financial metrics.
· Ensures established benchmarks, such as turnaround time and performance improvement metrics are consistently met.
· Serves as an escalation point for staff and clients as needed.
· Ensures all safety, quality control / assurance standards are maintained within the Department.
· Performs microscopic evaluation of cytological specimens per laboratory procedures and workload policies as needed.
· Prepares final diagnosis on negative/normal gynecologic specimens.
· Prepares provisional diagnosis on all other cases and refers these for review.
· Enters the diagnosis into the LIS system.
· Performs and documents routine maintenance on Cytology equipment to ensure optimal instrument operations.
· Documents the slide interpretation results of each gynecologic and non- gynecologic cytological case examined or reviewed.
· Competitive salary
· Direct Deposit
· Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
· Employee discount program
· Excellent room for growth and advancement
· Meet CLIA requirements (CFR. 493. 1483)
· Bachelor’s degree in a Biological, Chemical or Clinical Laboratory Science
· Graduate from an accredited School of Cytotechnology AND Certified in Cytotechnology by an HHS approved agency (ASCP)
· Must be analyzed for color perception
· Minimum of two years leadership experience within a Cytology Department is required
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?