Job Id: 564889_1
Allied Health – Medical Technologist / Med – Tech
POSITION TYPE: Allied Health
SPECIALTY UNIT: Medical Technologist / Med – Tech
LOCATION: Panama City, FL
SHIFT: Days and Nights
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Under general supervision, performs routine, complex or specialized laboratory testing which will aid in the diagnosis and evaluation of the treatment of diseases while maintaining the highest standards of medical technology. They must maintain the highest standards of any and all accrediting agencies. Perform related quality control and clerical work as required.
Effectively uses laboratory equipment.
Performs and reports testing on patient specimens and OC specimens rapidly and without delay.
Demonstrates competence in performing testing procedures.
• Degree Medical Technologist or other qualification recognized by Lab Certification agencies required
• Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel License with a qualification in one of the 5 following areas is required: Microbiology, Serology, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, or Immunohematology.
• Florida Clinical Laboratory Personnel Licensure in all of the 6 following qualification areas is preferred: Microbiology, Serology, Clinical Chemistry, Hematology, Immunohematology, Molecular Pathology.
- Must be a Florida licensed Medical Technologist/ Medical Lab Scientist
- A 2 Year/Associate Degree is required
- A 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree in Medical Technology is preferred
- A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
- Must at least have ASCP at time of submittal
- WILL ACCEPT RECENT NEW GRADS
- With regard to new grads – recent grads are the most ideal because they have the recent clinical experience from their rotations.
Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
Employee discount program
Excellent room for growth and advancement
Medical Technologist (MT) : Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college/university (degree must be in Medical Technology) or military equivalent experience and registered or eligible for registration as a Medical Technologist, MT (ASCP), MT (AMT), or CLS (NCA) or – Baccalaureate degree from any accredited college/university; degree must be in Medical Technology or military equivalent experience
Medical Lab Technologist (MLT): Associates degree from an approved MLT (CLT) school or military equivalent experience and registered or eligible for registration as a Medical Lab Technologist, MLT (ASCP) or – Associates degree from an approved MLT (CLT) school or military equivalent experience
Preferred: 2 years hospital experience
Preferred: Bloodbank experience#ZR
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?