Job Id: 581246_1
Acute Care Registered Nurse (RN)
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Acute Care Department
LOCATION: Kemmerer, WY
SHIFT: Rotating Days and Nights
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The RN with the Acute Care department provides quality nursing care to assigned patients to ensure that the patient’s physical and psycho-social needs are met. The RN also ensures that the patients care is documented and that their families are well informed of the patient’s status.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
• Current, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wyoming
• BLS, ACLS, and NRP certification required.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
- Responsible – works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
- Sensitive – displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
- Timely – recognizes time as a customer’s most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients’ and co-workers’ needs.
- Accurate – works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
- Coordinated – organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
- Thorough – meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
- Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
- Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
- Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
- Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
- Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
- Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
- Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
- Provides direction to para and non-professional personnel to perform their duties in accordance with their level of expertise.
- Has major responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating quality patient care which is consistent with the established hospital and nursing service policies and procedures.
- Is responsible for teaching patients and others. Also facilitates education of other health team members.
- Responsible for initiating, developing, and coordinating a discharge plan with assigned patients in collaboration with the physician and other health care providers.
- Coordinates the individual patient care regimen with other members of the health care team and works in a collegial relationship with physicians in carrying out their delegated medical and nursing care plans. Alternative or changes in medical regimen are discussed with the physicians based on nursing observations.
- Responsible for maintaining the dignity and confidentiality of the patient and serves as a patient advocate at all times.
- Is responsible for maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of nursing trends and new developments in the healthcare field in order to promote optimal standards of nursing care.
- Utilizes effective human relation and communication skills in interfacing with hospital personnel, patients, and others.
- Takes positive actions to resolve patient/family issues and promotes positive hospital-patient/family relationships.
- Is responsible for making independent nursing decisions relating to patient care.
- Is responsible to work in each nursing area of the hospital – Med Surg, Long Term Care, OB, Nursery, Monitored, Beds, ER, CS, PACU, and surgery if asked to do so and after appropriate orientation.
- Performs Charge Nurse duties appropriately when assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Accountable for quality patient care through completion and documentation of assessments, care planning, interventions, evaluations, patient teaching, discharge planning, and safe practices in compliance with hospital and nursing standards.
- . Assesses and documents assigned patients’ condition
- . Completes admission assessment and reviews patient history
- . Develops/updates patient care plans
- . Documents patient care
- . Initiates and updates patient discharge plan
- . Documents patient teachings
- . Performs patient care procedures and intervenes for patient safety
- Provides for quality of nursing service by maintaining a safe patient environment through professional conduct and practices, compliance with policies and procedures, and participation in an ongoing review of QA processes and monitors.
- . Administers medications/IVs in a safe manner
- . Develops and supports a safe patient environment
- . Maintains training in the use of equipment for patient care
- . Reviews and properly processes orders
- . Performs appropriately in crisis situations
- . Participates in QA program
- Accountable for cost-effective patient care through monitoring the use of personnel, time supplies, and equipment
- . Attends work in a punctual and dependable manner
- . Manages time and uses supplies based on patient needs and medical/nursing plans of care.
- . Assures that charges are accounted for and are recorded to the patient billing system.
- Accountable for coordinating patient care activities with patient, colleagues, other hospital personnel, and physicians.
- Accountable for maintaining patient confidentiality.
- . Communicates effectively with patients and others
- . Understands patient rights and complies with confidentiality policies
- . Functions competently under stress
- . Communicates and solves problems with coworkers, physicians, and other hospital employees.
- . Demonstrates appropriate problem-solving ability and support of hospital philosophy and policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures governing accounting, medical billing and financial recordkeeping.
- Knowledge of general accounting principles and ability to produce, read and analyze financial reports
- Knowledge of accounting and finance best practices and programs which enhance the financial success of the organization
- Knowledge of financial/revenue cycle reporting and key performance indicators for measuring and benchmarking performance
- Ability to operation various office equipment
- Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
- Ability to work with, lead and supervise others
- Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
- Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
- Ability to maintain a driver’s license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary
- Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
- Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
- Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
- Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
- High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?