Job Id: 638620_1
Allied Health – Laboratory (Lab) Director – Hospital
Allied Health – Laboratory Director – Hospital – $10K Sign-On Bonus
POSITION TYPE: Allied Health
SPECIALTY UNIT: Laboratory Director – Hospital
LOCATION: Miami, FL
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
We are seeking a hospital-based Laboratory Director.
This position is based at and lead the laboratory team at this 400+ bed, full-service hospital that has been nationally recognized with many prestigious awards and accolades, including: Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospitals, a Health Grades Distinguished Hospital (Top 5%) for Clinical Excellence, The Joint Commission Certification as a Primary Stroke Center, accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI, and most recently, by the Joint Commission as a “Top Performer” on key quality measures.
• You will lead the 24-hour operations and activities of the clinical laboratory meeting both organizational goals and regulatory requirements
• Manage a Lab Staff of 40 to 50 people
• Direct and organize the operations of the hospital rapid-response laboratories
• Actively participate in strategic and budgetary planning
• Investigate, recommend and purchase equipment, supplies and instrumentation
• Provide direction to department personnel to achieve operational and technical excellence including workflow design, service quality, financial performance, and regulatory compliance
• You will be responsible to ensure weekly and monthly corporate key indicators are an accurate measurement of past and current performance
• Complete and conduct interviews, hiring, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions and staff development
• Develop monitoring systems for the collection, documentation and reporting of quality assessment and improvement data; extracts pertinent information from quality assessment and improvement studies, initiates corrective action plans, and re-monitors results
• Concurrently monitor resource utilization, including payroll, supplies and expenses, client volume and revenue variation reports, outpatient volume reports, mileage and expense logs
• Prepare and submit capital expenditure requests, department projections and annual budget.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary and generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
• A Bachelor’s Degree; Graduate Degree is helpful
• 5+ years’ experience at a supervisory level in a clinical laboratory setting
• Previous director-level experience in high volume lab preferred
• A Florida Supervisor’s license or the ability to obtain during interview process
• Hospital experience is important – the candidate can have core lab experience but would need only hospital or both hospital and core to be considered a strong candidate
• Minimum 3 licensure in the following specialty areas, licensure in 5 areas is beneficial:
o Blood Bank/Immunohematology
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?