Job Id: 644518_1
General Manager – Dental Laboratory – Great Opportunity
POSITION TYPE: Dental – Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: General Manager Dental Laboratory
LOCATION: Grand Rapids, MI – 49503
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Join our growing team! we are investing in digital technologies and expert technicians to help us deliver world-class products and support to our customers and their patients. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, 401k with employer match, paid time off, and more!
Summary of Position:
Responsible for the overall general management of a custom dental device sales and service company in a 20,000 square foot facility, overseeing approximately 85-100 employees. The qualified candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the Dental Services Group vision, profit management, sales/marketing, achieving customer retention goals, production, human resources, materials management, and lab administration functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Profit Management – Develops annual and long-range profit plans for the lab, working closely with immediate supervisor and accounting to establish sales, expense, and earnings targets. Continually monitors business performance vs. plan, and makes decisions necessary to ensure successful attainment of the facility’s annual operating earnings plan.
- Sales/Marketing – Supporting the sales staff to grow overall revenue and profitability. Oversee and direct the customer service staff within the facility along with overseeing the communication between sales staff and customer service staff to enhance customer retention.
- Production – Through technical management staff, directs and manages the production of the facility to meet cost and quality objectives. Ensures proper technical training and supervision is provided, monitors labor and material costs to control production efficiency, prepares or coordinates preparation of production plans and schedules, develops and oversees programs for continuous monitoring of product/process quality, and ensures proper safety and equipment maintenance procedures are followed.
- Human Resources – Develops human resources to achieve corporate human resource’s Vision, develops existing human resources to maximize productivity, reduce labor expenses, and achieve maximum gross margins. Plans for manpower requirements based on profit plans implements programs designed to cross-train employees, develop supervisory skills, and provide backups for all positions. Ensures effective implementation of the performance review program including personally implementing timely and effective performance reviews with associates under direct supervision. Ensures compliance with all Dental Services Group personnel policies and procedures.
- Customer Services – Directs customer service activities to include: Tracking customer feedback, customer surveys, account analysis, value-added services, upgrading accounts, etc.
- Materials Management – Directs materials management and distribution functions. Through subordinates, develops and implements policies, procedures, and methods to ensure the most efficient and economical procurement and disbursement of materials, supplies, and inventories.
- Administration – Responsible for directing or overseeing the management of the administrative functions, including personnel, payroll, purchasing, inventory control.
- Other – Performs other appropriate job-related duties or as requested
- Working Environment – General office conditions, some facility exposure plus local travel
Education and Experience:
- Leadership and business administration are equivalent to a bachelor’s degree.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of Dental terminology is desirable, but not required.
- 7 to 10 years of progressively responsible experience in sales, management, customer service, and operations.
- Knowledge of production processes and leading teams in change management.
- Working knowledge of asset protection
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership ability
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?