Job Id: 644552_1
Dental Technician – Senior Denture
POSITION TYPE: Dental – Lab
SPECIALTY UNIT: Dental Technician Senior Denture
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Join our growing team! we are investing in digital technologies and expert technicians to help us deliver world-class products and support to our customers and their patients. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: medical, dental, vision, 401k with employer match, paid time off and more!
Summary of Position:
To perform and manage daily digital/analog operations of Implant cases throughout the lab. From inbound QC, implant model making to Doctor communications, scanning, contouring, stain, and glazing.
APPLICATION OF JOB DESCRIPTION:
Generally, a Senior Technician will fabricate only one type of dental prosthetic appliance (i.e., a Senior Technician who fabricates a denture appliance does not have the knowledge or experience to fabricate a crown, bridge, or cast partial appliance, and vice versa). Furthermore, the fabrication process for each appliance differs and has many steps, and a Senior Technician will generally have knowledge in most or all of the steps in that process but will specialize in only one or two advanced level steps. This job description comprehensively covers all fabrication processes for all appliances.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan the appropriate setup and operation of various laboratory tools and ensure proper quantities of raw material inventory is on hand for the fabrication of appliances.
- Inbound Quality control of the Implant Impression. Verify that everything is included in the case that is needed for the fabrication of the Implant Restoration.
- Communicate with the Clinician if issues arise with the case.
- Read prescription forms or specifications from customers and examine dental models or impressions from customers to determine the design of the appliance to be fabricated
- Scan appliance into lab management database which tracks technician’s work performed and amount of time spent fabricating each appliance
- Create a Soft-tissue model of the customer patient’s mouth by pouring plaster into the dental model or impression allowing the plaster to set.
- Fabricate, alter or repair the specified appliance according to the customer’s instructions on the prescription form. Fabrication processes vary based on the appliance, but include the following:
- Crowns and Bridges: (1) Identifying/Evaluating implant impressions for quality and accuracy. (2) Identifying impression copings for Implant Type and Plateform and fixating the proper analog for Soft-tissue Model fabrication. (3) Making a soft tissue model. (4) Scanning models via 3Shape, designing implant abutments, full contour, and Screw-retained restorations. (5) Effectively communicating via email or phone with clinicians about issues and or treatment plans about their cases. (6) Performing Quality Control of Milled Abutments and Zirconia (7) Finishing and Contouring of Porcelain and Zirconia (8) Staining and Glazing (9) Final Qc of the restorations before shipping.
- Test appliance for conformance to specifications and accuracy of occlusion, using articulators and micrometers
- Place appliance on apparatus that mimics bite and movement of patient’s jaw to evaluate the functionality of the appliance
- Scan appliance into lab management database upon completion of designated fabrication tasks assigned to technician and place appliance in designated area for the next step in the fabrication process
- May involve contact with the customer to clarify instructions not clearly identified on the prescription form or if problems arise in the fabrication process
- Maintain a neat and clean workspace to prevent workplace damage and minimize the potential for injury
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Minimum one to two years specialized training in dental technology
- Certified Dental Technician (CDT) certification preferred but not required
- Minimum five to seven years fabricating dental prosthetic appliances
- Requires manual dexterity, strong attention to detail, and good spatial and visual perception
- Ability to lift up to ten pounds and occasionally heavier
- Requires flexibility and adaptability to meet laboratory demands
- Ability to communicate with customers regarding technical ramifications and appliance designs
- Willingness to follow safety rules when operating hand tools
- Ability to work with limited supervision
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?