Job Id: 648350_1
General Surgery – Main Operating Room (OR) Registered Charge Nurse (RN)
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN) Charge Nurse
SPECIALTY UNIT: Operating Room (OR), Pre-Op, Recovery
LOCATION: Shreveport, LA
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse or RN to be a Charge RN to provides oversight for multiple hospital departments including the Operating Room (2 ORs), PreOp, Recovery, Central Sterilization and Endoscopy in the absence of unit management.
Addresses patient care, staffing, and any other issues that may arise. Supervises nurses and staff, takes administrative responsibilities and occasionally works at the bedside as needed. Leads and directs the work of others. Performs patient care duties.
· Overseeing all nursing services and functions as nursing supervisor.
· May give direct patient care but does not assume primary nursing functions as performed by center staff, if allowed by state regulations.
· Responds to all emergencies; be familiar with all emergency equipment and all emergency operational procedures.
· Complete pre and post treatment physical assessments.
· Demonstrates effective staffing, as appropriate with staffing ratios per state regulations, under the direction of the Administrator.
· Transcribe and implement physician’s orders; assist physician during patient rounds.
· Competitive salary
· Direct Deposit
· Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
· Employee discount program
· Excellent room for growth and advancement
· Two (2) years of experience in specialty area required. One (1) year in supervisory or CNL capacity preferred.
· Minimum of Associate’s Degree in Nursing, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing preferred.
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?