Job Id: 648608_1
Registered Nurse (RN) – Float Pool
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Float Pool
LOCATION: Beaumont, TX
SHIFT: Days and Nights
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
In nursing, “floating” refers to moving from one unit to another. In some cases, nurses who are permanently assigned to a specific unit may be asked to float to another unit because of staffing needs.
We are looking for an RN – Float nurse to provide the highest degree of care and treatment to ill, injured, and recovering patients. You should be able to assess patient condition, administer medications, change dressings, monitor vital signs, keep records, and provide patients with support and education. Likewise, you will assist physicians during examinations and procedures, as well as perform various patient tests and administer medications within the scope of your practice.
Your role as a Float Registered Nurse (RN) also involves promoting patient independence by establishing patient care goals. Additionally, you should be able to teach patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills utilizing your knowledge and skills.
To be a successful Float Registered Nurse (RN), you should be able to rely on your experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, and you will benefit from being creative, quick-thinking, and a good communicator.
· Assess the psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural, and discharge planning needs of patients.
· Review patient history and physical with the patients and/or their family members and assure completion within an appropriate timeframe.
· Review all available information obtained by other health care team members.
· Formulate an individualized care plan, including a discharge plan, using the assessment data, as well as the input of the patient, family, and healthcare team.
· Evaluate patient progress towards goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members.
· Assess, plan, implement, and evaluate documents in the patient record.
· Work as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being of the patient.
· Competitive salary
· Direct Deposit
· Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
· Employee discount program
· Excellent room for growth and advancement
· Graduate of a State Board accredited School of Nursing or equivalent
· Active RN license within the State of practice.
· Current BLS
· Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with patients, families, and medical staff both verbally and written
· Two years prior nursing experience required
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?