Job Id: 652688_1
Registered Nurse (RN) Manager of Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
Registered Nurse Manager of Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Manager of Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit
LOCATION: Metairie, LA
Shift: Variable – No Weekends
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
We are seeking a Registered Nurse Manager for our Inpatient Rehab unit to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. Amazing teamwork throughout all levels – Physicians, Leadership, RNs, PCTs. Patient safety and satisfaction are our number one priority.
· Oversees and directly supervises all department areas and Charge Nurses, including interviewing, coaching, counseling, orientation, training, and evaluation within established guidelines.
· Supervises staff by completing evaluations on time and initiating disciplinary measures.
· Serves as a nursing role model and resource to staff, demonstrating support of the nursing practice model, standards of nursing practice and clinical outcomes
· Takes part in unit growth and development by sharing in the decision-making, exemplifies patient centered customer service, conducts daily surveillance rounds, and identifies needs of staff to meet unit demands and promote growth of individual unit.
· Interfaces with Acute Care hospital units to evaluate needs and promote appropriate transition of patients to the Rehab unit.
· Works with facilities in the community to facilitate the development of appropriate referrals to the Rehab unit.
· Assumes a leadership role in achieving and maintaining all appropriate accreditations for the Rehab unit.
· Monitors the day-to-day operations of assigned department staff, reacting effectively and efficiently to unplanned circumstances, demands and challenges facing the department to ensure consistent quality of service.
· Demonstrates expertise in hospital and department processes and keeps staff updated by remaining current with hospital and department guidelines, federal, state, regulatory & other governing policies, procedures, or guidelines.
· Coordinates the departmental staff performance and improvement process including the preparation, analysis and submission of required reports.
· Updates and improves the department processes and workflow.
· Participates as requested on teams, committees, and special projects both internal and external relating to Department and Hospital Services.
· Competitive salary
· Direct Deposit
· Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
· Employee discount program
· Excellent room for growth and advancement
· Current RN license within the State of practice.
· Current BLS
· ACLS and CCRN certification PREFERRED
· Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
· Associates Degree required – BSN Preferred
· Three to five years of current clinical nursing experience, one of which shall be in providing rehabilitative nursing care. Management experience strongly preferred.
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?