Job Id: 661965_1
Allied Health – Patient Care Technician (PCT) – Dialysis
Dialysis Patient Care Technician – Dialysis PCT
POSITION TYPE: Allied Health Professional
SPECIALTY UNIT: Patient Care Technician – Dialysis
LOCATION: Duncanville, TX
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
The Patient Care Technician, under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse, assists with providing care and delegated activities of treatment to patients with renal failure. This position performs duties as assigned by the Charge Nurse and Registered Nurse.
· Obtain blood samples for laboratory analysis as required to complete physician orders.
· Perform duties at all times under the supervision of a Charge Nurse and within limitations established by and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
· Use appropriate safety measures including personal protective equipment, as necessary.
· Clean, disinfect, and rinse dialysis machines in accordance with policy and procedures.
· Prepare machines for hemodialysis treatments.
· Obtain pre and post treatment weights of patients per protocols.
· Safely initiate and terminate dialysis treatments per center protocol, and within scope of practice and as allowed by state regulations.
· Monitor patients during dialysis treatments.
· Mix acids and bicarbonate according to protocol.
· Complete water testing on dialysis machine at the beginning of each treatment day and as directed by the Administrator.
· Complete/document quality control logs throughout the day and after all treatments, as required.
· Competitive salary
· Direct Deposit
· Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
· Employee discount program
· Excellent room for growth and advancement
· High school graduate or equivalent.
· CPR certification required within 90 days of hire or as required by the state.
· Must possess current Certified Hemodialysis Technician (CHT)
· Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
· Prefer a minimum of 3 months in dialysis healthcare or phlebotomy experience or CNA experience.
· Must be Patient Care Technician certified under a State certification program or a national commercially available certification program.
· Certification must be maintained as current and in good standing.
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?