Job Id: 703603_1
Dental Lab Technician
Huntsville, AL, US
We manufacture dental prostheses, such as crowns, bridges, implants, dentures, partials, retainers, etc. Oral Arts is an industry leader with exciting career opportunities using CAD/CAM technology, 3-D printing technology, zirconia milling, crown tattooing, metal casting, porcelain ceramics, and much more! If you enjoy working with your hands, being productive and creative, making a difference, and working with awesome people, we might be what you’re looking for! We provide great entry-level positions that grow into lifelong careers. Opportunities for growth include paid continuing education, cross-training, and management roles.
Dental Lab Technician
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Construct prostheses by following the dentist’s prescription; make models of the mouth and teeth from impressions of the patient’s mouth, build-up wax replicas of the mouth and/or teeth on the model; encase the wax in a mold material and melt away the wax; replace the wax with plastic, metal, or ceramic materials to make the replacement appliance; polish and finish the appliance
- Correct dental irregularities by manufacturing fixed or removable appliances
- Complete implant procedures by fabricating prostheses to fit implants the dentist places directly into the patient’s jawbone
- Replace partial or total loss of natural teeth by constructing partial or full dentures (metal and non-metal)
- Replace missing facial and body tissues due to injury, disease, or development abnormality by fabricating maxilla-facial prostheses
- Utilize and conserve supplies and equipment by completing plaster casting, electro-spot welding, metal casting, metal polishing, wax modeling, ceramics, wire bending, electroplating, and sandblasting; use CAD/CAM units; maintain inventories; keep equipment operating
- Possess artistic instincts with attention to detail
- Must be a willing worker with a great attitude!
- 1 year of experience in artistry, CAD/CAM, production, construction, food industry, or any other position requiring manual dexterity (hairdresser, mechanic, jeweler, sewer, carpenter, etc.)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read and write
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and maneuver materials
WE’RE ALWAYS AVAILABLE TO YOU
Want to discuss how we can serve your recruiting needs – and start achieving more of your company’s goals?