POSITION TYPE: Allied Health
SPECIALTY UNIT: Physical Therapy Assistant
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
A Physical Therapy Assistant, or Physical Therapy Aide, supports Physical Therapists in helping patients who are recovering from injuries, management of pain and restore their mobility. Their main duties include preparing therapy equipment for appointments, massaging and stretching patients’ muscles and sanitizing therapy areas.
- Counsel patients and their families on what to do following treatment.
- Observe the patients they are working with before, during and after therapy and report notes to the Physical Therapist.
- Assign specific exercises for the patient and help the patients do these exercises.
- Use devices, such as walkers, and other equipment to help patients regain movement and reduce pain.
- Use a variety of techniques, including stretching exercises and massage, to treat patients.
- Assist patients when moving to and from the therapy area.
- Observe patients before, during and after undergoing therapy sessions and take consistent notes of their progress and health status for the Physical Therapist to review.
- Complete clerical duties like scheduling appointments, answering phone calls, emails and sanitizing the therapy rooms after sessions.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
- Associate degree in a Physical Therapy Assistant program (PTA) required.
- PTA Certification required.
- 1 year experience required.
- CPR Certification required.
- Ability to lift patients and help them move.
- Ability to read and execute detailed instructions.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Compassion and empathy.
- Good attention to detail.
- Solid knowledge of anatomy.
- Knowledge of PT stretches and exercises.
- TX Driver's License